Fireplace Buyers Guide: The First Steps
The below post was provided to us by our vendor partner Regency Fireplace.
You’re ready for a new fireplace…but what comes next? We want to make sure you’re armed with the best tips for finding the perfect fireplace for your home.
Ask yourself these questions and you’ll be equipped with all the right information to visit a Regency dealer!
- What is the goal of the fireplace? Heating? Aesthetics? both?
- Are you looking for a fireplace or an insert?
- Insert (Retrofit/Upgrading an existing fireplace): – What are the dimensions of the opening? Width, depth, height – How tall is the chimney?
- Fireplace (New home construction): – Where in the home will the fireplace be located? Outside wall? Near the center of the home? – What is the approximate distance and path to desired venting termination
- Will a mantle be used? / What are the dimensions of the mantle?
- Is a TV to be installed above the fireplace?
- When was the home built?
- How many sq ft is your home / What is the sq ft of the area to be heated? A reputable dealer will determine size and heat output for your living space.
- How many stories does your home have?
- What type of roof do you have? (Cedar shakes, tile, tar & gravel, standing seam metal etc.)
Visit United Brick and Fireplace to learn more about the Regency Fireplaces they can install in your home!